News provided by U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Kreative Kids Recalls Children’s Robes Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
The children’s robes fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers Recalled Due to Fire Hazard; Made by Hongkong Sun Rise Trading
The circuit board in the lawn mower can short circuit and catch fire, posing a fire hazard to users.
- Extech Recalls Digital Clamp Meters Due to Electrocution Hazard
The meters can fail to give an accurate voltage reading, resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is low or off, posing an electrocution hazard.
- Office Chairs Recalled by Leggett & Platt Office Components Due to Fall Hazard
Seat slider bolts and push nuts can disconnect and fall from the chair, which could cause the seat to detach from the chair, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
- Williams-Sonoma Recalls Rejuvenation Wall Sconces Due to Shock Hazard (Recall Alert)
The joint of the articulating arm can pinch or cut the electrical wire causing it to fray, posing a shock hazard.
- Dynacraft Recalls Ride-On Toys Due to Fall and Crash Hazards
The acceleration pedal on the ride-on toys can stick, posing fall and crash hazards.
- Hobby Lobby Recalls Easter and July 4th Light-Up Spinner Toys Due to Choking and Ingestion Hazards
The battery cover can detach and expose the small coin cell batteries, posing choking and ingestion hazards to young children.
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Temani Wicker Furniture Due to Violation of Federal Lead Paint Standard
The paint used on the wicker furniture can contain excessive levels of lead, which is a violation of the federal lead paint standard.
- Sportex Recalls Salt Rock Lamps Due to Shock and Fire Hazards
The dimmer switch and/or outlet plug can overheat and ignite, posing shock and fire hazards.
- Following Plumber’s Death, Electric Ranges Recalled by Arçelik A.S. Due to Shock and Electrocution Hazards
The electric ranges can become energized, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards to a consumer who touches the range
- Pulse Performance Products Recalls Krusher Scooters Due to Fall Hazard
The down tube can break, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
- Michaels Recalls Ceramic Travel Mugs Due to Burn Hazard
The mug’s lid does not fit securely and can cause liquids to leak from the bottom of the lid when tilted, posing a burn hazard. Also, the mug does not have a silicone hand wrap so the consumer could b …
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Chalk Note Mugs Due to Burn Hazard
The mugs can crack when filled with hot liquid, posing a burn hazard to users.
- Douglas Recalls Plush Toys Due to Choking Hazard
The plastic eyes on the plush toys can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboard Control Systems Due to Injury and Fall Hazards
The point of connection between the lower front line with the landing line can break, causing a loss of kite control, posing injury and fall hazards.
- Bradshaw International Recalls Coffee Presses Due to Laceration Hazard
The glass beakers can break during normal use, posing a laceration hazard to users.
- VanMoof Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall and Impact Hazards
The front fender bolts do not break when an object gets stuck between the front tire and the front fender/mud guard, posing fall and impact hazards.
- Little Passports Recalls Science Kits Due to Burn Hazard (Recall Alert)
The battery packs included in the science kits can overheat, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- Honeywell International Recalls SWIFT® Wireless Gateway Sold with Fire Alarm Systems Due To Failure to Communicate in Fire
The smoke detectors connected to the gateway can fail to activate properly when significant environmental contaminants are present, posing a risk that consumers will not be alerted to a fire.
- Carrier and Bryant Recall Heat Pumps Due to Fire Hazard
The capacitors in the fuse boards in the heat pumps can stop working causing the unit to overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Nature’s Truth Recalls Iron Supplement Bottles Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement
The packaging is not child-resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The tablets inside the bottle contain iron, which can cause serious injury or death to young children if multip …
- Night Lights Recalled by AM Conservation Group Due to Fire Hazard
The night lights can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Profile Design Recalls Bicycle Handlebar Stems Due to Loss of Control and Crash Hazard
The bicycle handlebar stems can corrode and break, causing the rider to lose control and crash.
- Snowmobiles Recalled by Polaris Due to Crash Hazard (Recall Alert)
A weld on the steering post can separate, resulting in loss of steering control, posing a crash hazard.
- Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Recalled by American Honda Due to Risk of Injury (Recall Alert)
The front passenger seat belt buckle can fail due to a manufacturing defect, posing a risk of injury.