Let’s say someone from your circle or you yourself may have got involved in a traffic incident. These experiences are based on the severity and circumstances of the consequences and can range from major trauma to a minor inconvenience. In the busy world, most drivers involve encountering the traffic without causing any apparent damage to the car and considering everything to be in control. On the contrary, if you are a victim in San Antonio, it becomes essential to know your rights and take the help of San Antonio car accident lawyers.
About Car Accidents
- Negligence: Most car accidents are due to negligence, where one of the parties fails to exercise care while operating a vehicle on common roads. It begins with your insurance company investigation and your car crash attorneys will assist in proving it was a careless act by the other party who violated traffic laws. However, a negligence lawsuit implies that the injured must exhibit the negligence of the defendant to cause this accident and how he failed to meet the standard care including the breach of this duty resulting in injuries. The usual defendants include reckless drivers, negligent drivers, pedestrians, passengers, intoxicated drivers or cyclists.
- Road Design: Lack of road maintenance or faulty construction may also contribute to road accidents. Some of the reasons include:
- Barriers and Guardrails: Speed bumps, guardrails, medians and barriers assist in safe driving. But, if one of these structures are placed or designed poorly, the safety of the driver gets compromised.
- Signage: Signs indicate approaching sharp turns, intersections, animal crossings, etc for the drivers. However, these signs on the roads should be in obvious locations and offer maximum visibility.
- Traffic Control: The stop and go signs, traffic lights, lights warning crosswalks and intersections help in dictating traffic flow. Hence it is imperative to have proper placement of these devices.
- Manufacturer Liability: In some cases, manufacturers are liable for their faulty manufacturing design. However, it is a must to prove by the plaintiff that the defect is in the manufacturing process and it has contributed to this injury. You need expert San Antonio car crash attorneys to show that the vehicle part was defective from the time of purchase and there may be the need of analysis and testimony. Some manufacturer claims are based on defective engines, accelerators, brakes, seat belts, defective tires and airbags.
- Wrongful Death: Losing your loved one due to wrongful death means the survivors or the family must prove the negligent act causing the death by consulting one of the San Antonio car accident lawyers so that all damages are available.
Let us know in the comments section if you have any questions about car accidents and their claims.