Early today, a man was taken to the emergency room for a severe and mysterious lung disease. Doctors are saying it is due to vaping. Kevin Boclair, age 19 was coughing violently. He soon started to throw up, his skin was gray and he was in bad shape. So much so, that they had to place Kevin in a medically induced coma. Doctors don’t know if Kevin will recover by himself, if he’ll need surgery, or if he will die. Kevin did have a history of asthma, but doctors agreed this was not the cause of his desperate condition. His mother said in a statment “He came in, he had double pneumonia. They treated that with antibiotics. They’re treating all the different things, but there’s parts they don’t even know what’s going on.”
This is not the first hospitalization caused by vaping. However, experts are still unsure of what is causing these complications. Many of these patients admit to using THC vaping products, but it is yet to be seen if this is the cause, or vaping in general. So far, Michigan is the first state to ban the sale of flavored e-cigarettes, having people wondering if other states will follow.
Harmed by a Manufacturers Negligence?
If you have been injured due to a manufacturers negligence, you need an experienced attorney to fight for you. Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Villarreal and Begum have experience battling these big manufacturers. If you have been injured due to a malfunctioning product, call the Texas Law Guns at our Office located in San Antonio or contact us online. The consultation is always free.