If you have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you might be interested in seeking legal recourse. Obviously, you shouldn’t be responsible for damages, you didn’t cause. A personal injury attorney can help you with that, and make sure you get the compensation that is owed to you. However, the first step in this process is to get a free consultation. Many personal injury attorneys will offer a free, no-obligation consultation. Even if your unsure if a lawsuit is the best course of action, a lawyer can help answer any questions you have. You’ll be able to get some free advice and know what exactly your options are. However, before your consultation, there are a few things you should do before your meeting.
What to Bring
If possible, bring to your appointment with us:
- An accident report.
- Your medical records detailing your injuries.
- Records of financial expenses and losses.
- Income statements or pay stubs.
- Any pictures or videos of damage (even if you have settled the property damage portion of your claim, seeing the wreckage or accident site may be evidence demonstrating the seriousness of your injuries.)
- Communications from your or other party’s insurance company.
- Witness contact information.
- Communication from other parties, defense counsel.
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of this information just yet. However, the more information you provide your lawyer, the better. Once your consultation is over, you should have a good idea of what options are available to you for your particular case. Remember, if you think you have a case, don’t waste any time. The longer you wait, the harder it is to win your case. Also, try to avoid answering any calls from the insurance companies before your consultation. Insurance adjusters will take advantage of your current situation in order to pay you less than you deserve.
San Antonio Accident Lawyer.
Have you or a loved one been in a serious car crash and suffered injuries? If so, you should contact an experienced Personal Injury attorney. Villarreal and Begum is a local San Antonio firm that will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. We serve clients all across Texas with offices in San Antonio, McAllen, and Laredo. We are available day and night to take your calls. Call or contact us via our website. The Law Guns will fight for you.