Texas is a great place to call home. However, accidents in intersections are a common occurrence across the state. Below, we’ve outlined some tips to help you avoid accidents in the most dangerous intersections in Texas.
What is So Dangerous About Intersections?
There are a number of reasons intersections can pose a hazard to drivers, including:
- Reckless driving – When speeding, distracted driving, and aggressive driving occurs at intersections, accidents are bound to happen.
- Risky turning – It can be risky to make a turn at a busy intersection, as quick judgment is required.
- Poor visibility – Sometimes, it can be difficult for drivers to see everything they need to at intersections. Poor lighting, overpass structures, foliage, and an elevated hill can all contribute to this issue.
- High volume – Intersections are often packed with many vehicles and people throughout the day. The more drivers, buses, motorcycles, and pedestrians there are, the more likely accidents are to arise.
- Inadequate signage – Malfunctioning traffic signals or signs can create confusion among drivers and lead to accidents.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Texas
Several of the most dangerous intersections in the Lone Star state include:
Belt Line Road and Dallas Parkway
Belt Line Road and Dallas Parkway is an intersection full of congestion, likely because of the significant number of businesses that surround it. It’s particularly hazardous during the workweek and lunch hour.
Braun Road and Loop 1604
This intersection can be challenging for drivers to navigate due to its size and the number of lanes on each side of the road divider. People often speed through the intersection or to make turns, increasing the risk of getting into an accident for everyone involved.
Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway and Skillman Street
This intersection incredibly dangerous, because cars are constantly trying to merge on and off the highway, causing changes in speed and a high risk of accidents.
Culebra Road at North Zarzamora
Another massive intersection, this area has seen a number of fatalities over the years. With businesses located on all sides of the intersection, people are bound to speed through lights and turns, leading to several accidents.
How to Prevent Intersection Accidents
By following these tips, you can reduce your risk of becoming involved in a crash in the most dangerous intersections in Texas.
- Slow down. You should drive slower at an intersection that you do on a road or highway. driving slowly at intersections can reduce your risk of making an error and causing a crash.
- Watch for cross traffic. Get into the habit of always watching for cross traffic when you approach an intersection. Even if you have the right of way, don’t assume every driver will stop for you.
- Keep your eye out for pedestrians. Look for pedestrians on sidewalks and cyclists in bicycle lanes before you speed up or turn at an intersection.
- Avoid distractions. Always keep your eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel. Do not eat, drink, text, or play with your GPS or radio while you’re driving through an intersection.
- Obey traffic lights and signals. Follow traffic lights at all times, as they direct the flow of traffic and ensure every driver is safe.
San Antonio Accident Lawyer.
Have you or a loved one been in a serious car crash and suffered injuries? If so, you should contact an experienced Personal Injury attorney. Villarreal and Begum is a local San Antonio firm that will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. We serve clients all across Texas with offices in San Antonio, McAllen, and Laredo. We are available day and night to take your calls. Call or contact us via our website. The Law Guns will fight for you.