William Eric Brown, age 24 died back in January due to his vape pen. After buying a new battery for his e-cigarette, Brown got in his car and installed the new battery. He pressed the button to fire the vape, and then it exploded. Brown didn’t even make it out of the parking lot before his device blew up in his face. Brown was then rushed to the hospital. He had experienced serious penetrating trauma from his vape pen. Unfortunately, Mr. Brown died two days later. Surgeons at the hospital were unable to remove a jagged piece of metal from his carotid artery.
Sadly, this is not the only death caused by vaping products. Recently in the news, many people are being harmed by lung disease believed to be caused by vaping, and even dying from it. Before that, others were killed by exploding vape pens, and several others have been seriously harmed. One doctor in a previous vape pen explosion case said the damage done to a teen’s skull resembled that of a gunshot. Now, the family of William Brown is suing the vape store that sold him the defective battery.
The store’s insurance provider says that they are not liable for whatever damages occurred outside of the shop. They claim they are only responsible for the products that are inside the store. Nautilus Insurance Co. has already asked the judge for a declaratory judgment that states the company has no duty to defend or indemnify the vape shop.
Harmed by a Manufacturers’s or Seller’s Negligence?
If you have been injured due to a manufacturer’s or seller’s negligence, you need an experienced attorney to fight for you. Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Villarreal and Begum have experience battling these big manufacturers. If you have been injured due to a malfunctioning product, call the Texas Law Guns at our Office located in San Antonio or contact us online. The consultation is always free