As the popularity of ride-sharing services continues to grow, so does the number of accidents involving Uber passengers. Although any car accident can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience, rideshare vehicle collisions are especially stressful because liability isn’t always easy to determine and most insurers are either unwilling to pay your accident claim or may offer a low settlement that doesn’t cover all your injuries and losses.
If you are injured in an Uber crash, you need an experienced Texas rideshare accident lawyer who knows how to handle these unique cases. The team at the Villarreal & Begum, LAW GUNS will demand fair compensation for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We can handle negotiations with the insurance company and represent you in your rideshare passenger lawsuit if necessary so you can focus on your recovery and getting your life back on track.
Why Work With Us?
The Villarreal & Begum, LAW GUNS is a trusted Texas personal injury law firm with a solid reputation for handling auto accident cases. We understand the traumatic nature of being injured in an Uber accident, especially when the insurer refuses to pay the claim, and are here to help you navigate this challenging process.
Here are some reasons why you should hire us for your rideshare passenger accident lawsuit:
- We have extensive experience handling Uber passenger injury cases and understand the unique challenges that come with these types of claims.
- Our Uber accident attorneys provide compassionate representation to our clients and fight hard for their rights during this difficult time.
- We have a proven track record of success in handling personal injury cases, having won millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay anything upfront and we only collect attorney fees if your case is successful.
Claiming Compensation in an Uber Passenger Accident is Complicated
If you’re injured as an Uber passenger in Texas, you may be eligible for financial compensation from several parties. This is precisely why these accident cases can be so complicated.
Filing a Claim Against Uber’s Insurance Policy
In Texas, an injured Uber passenger can make a claim against the rideshare company’s insurance when the accident was caused by the Uber driver’s negligence or fault. When a passenger is in the vehicle at the time of the crash, Uber’s insurance provides $1 million in liability coverage.
Filing a Claim Against the At-Fault Driver
If another driver struck the Uber vehicle and caused the accident, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against their insurance company to recover compensation. Should that driver be uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to turn to your own insurance policy’s uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Navigating the insurance claims process after an Uber passenger accident in Texas can be too much to deal with, especially if you’re dealing with catastrophic injuries and trying to recover. It’s always a good idea to consult with an experienced rideshare accident attorney who can determine liability and hold the negligent party or parties accountable.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in an Uber Accident
If you’re a passenger injured in a Texas Uber accident, there are some important steps you should take to preserve evidence for a future claim and get the compensation you need to recover from your accident injuries.
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority. Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you don’t feel like you were seriously injured.
- Report the Accident to Uber: Let Uber know about the accident, either through the app or by contacting customer support.
- Document the Accident: Take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicle and any injuries you sustained. Get contact information from the Uber driver, any other motorist(s) involved in the collision, and any witnesses.
- Contact an Uber Accident Lawyer: An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the file of a personal injury claim, deal with insurance companies, and ensure that you receive maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
Remember that time is of the essence in an Uber accident case. As soon as you know you’ve been injured, contact a lawyer who can start building your case before evidence is lost or contaminated. You should also refrain from making any statements to an insurer before you’ve had the chance to retain counsel.
Average Settlements in Rideshare Passenger Lawsuits
When an Uber passenger is injured in Texas, they are generally entitled to compensation for their losses. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, these losses may include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes any costs associated with medical care for your injuries, such as hospital bills, surgery fees, prescription medication, and physical therapy.
- Lost Income: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be able to recover the wages you would have earned if you were able to continue working during your recovery.
- Pain and Suffering: This refers to the physical and emotional distress you experience as a result of the accident and your injuries. This can include things like physical pain, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Property Damage: If any personal property was damaged in the accident, such as your phone or laptop, you may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing it.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, you may be able to recover punitive damages in addition to the other damages listed above. These damages are meant to punish the at-fault party for their reckless or malicious behavior.
It’s important to note that each rideshare passenger lawsuit is different, and there is no average Uber accident settlement. The amount of compensation you may be able to recover will depend on factors such as the severity of your injuries, the extent of your financial losses, and the strength of the evidence in your case. A skilled personal injury attorney can help you determine the potential value of your case and work to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Do I Have to Hire a Lawyer for My Uber Accident Lawsuit?
No, you’re not required to obtain legal counsel for your claim. However, if you’ve been seriously injured in a Texas Uber accident, a rideshare crash lawyer can make a positive difference in the outcome of your case.
First, they can handle the legal process for you, including dealing with insurance companies and negotiating a settlement or filing a lawsuit on your behalf. This can be especially helpful if you’re still recovering from severe injuries and don’t have the energy or expertise to handle these tasks on your own.
Second, an experienced attorney can assess the value of your claim based on the specific circumstances of your case and the losses you’ve suffered. This can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. They can help you understand what compensation you may be entitled to and work to get you the maximum amount possible.
Finally, a lawyer can provide you with peace of mind during a stressful and challenging time. Knowing that you have a dedicated legal professional fighting for your rights and interests can help alleviate some of the anxiety and uncertainty you may be feeling.
How Long Do You Have to File Rideshare Passenger Lawsuits?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing rideshare passenger lawsuits is generally two years from the date of the accident. However, it’s important to keep in mind that certain circumstances could change this timeline, such as if the accident involves a government entity. It’s always best to get legal representation as soon as possible after an Uber accident to ensure that your right to compensation is protected.
Waiting too long to take legal action could result in the loss of valuable evidence or make it more difficult to prove your case. A rideshare accident lawyer at the Villarreal & Begum, LAW GUNS, can collect the necessary evidence, prepare your claim, and deal with insurance companies on your behalf, increasing your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Injured in an Uber Passenger Accident? Get a Free Consultation Today!
Being injured as a passenger in a rideshare accident can be overwhelming and confusing, especially when dealing with insurance companies. However, you don’t have to go through this alone. The experienced rideshare accident attorneys at the Villarreal & Begum, LAW GUNS are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. We understand the complexity of Texas personal injury law and have a proven track record of success in handling cases like yours.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident, don’t wait to take action. Contact us today for a free consultation. Our compassionate attorneys will listen to your concerns and guide you through the legal process with empathy and understanding. We’re committed to fighting for your rights and getting you the outcome you deserve in your rideshare passenger lawsuit. Call us today to get started.