After a car accident, its always a good idea to get a consultation with a lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to help you navigate the legal process and get you the money you deserve. However, meeting an attorney for the first time can be stressful. You might not know what to expect or even what to bring with you. Hopefully, we can help you out a bit. Below, we will tell you some of the steps you can take to make your consultation go smoothly. This is the first step in your case and a very important step at that. Having all the needed information will help your potential lawyer come up with the list of options you need to make a decision.
What Questions Should I Ask?
Finding an attorney you can trust is paramount to having as little stress as possible throughout your case. You should ask your lawyer some questions during your initial consultation so you know they are the right person for the job. Here are some questions to ask to help you get started.
- How do you charge for your services? – It’s always important to know the price of an attorney’s help. Getting a lawyer who only gets paid on the contingency of winning the case is always a good idea.
- What expenses should I expect? – Expenses vary from case to case, but after filling your lawyer in on the details, your lawyer can give you a rough estimate on what to expect.
- Will you be the attorney working on my case or will I be working with other lawyers? – For your sake, you should know everyone working on your case. That way, you know who to direct questions to if you need more information.
- Do you think we’ll face any major hurdles during my case?– After getting the details, your lawyer will be able to tell you what to expect during your case. This will save you a lot of stress in the long run. Knowing what to expect is always better than being surprised.
- How long have you been practicing law? – You’re case is important, and your depending on the money awarded to pay your expenses. Making sure you have an experienced attorney is important. You are depending on this person to win your case. Don’t be blindsided into working with someone your not comfortable with.
What Should I Bring to the Meeting?
To help your lawyer understand your case, your going to have to bring a few things with you. Any detail helps and could make the difference in making or breaking your case. Here’s a small list of basic things you should bring with you to your first meeting.
- Work Documents- Your accident might have cost you more than pain and suffering. It could have taken time away from your job. Bring any documents showing you were out of work because of the accident so you can be compensated for the time you missed.
- Healthcare Bills– If you were in a bad accident, you could have been seriously hurt. You shouldn’t have to pay for medical bills that were forced upon you do to someone else’s negligence. Bring any medical bills with you to the meeting. Hospital, rehab services, chiropractor, and psychologist bills related to your accident are important to bring with you to help your attorney understand the severity of your accident.
- Insurance Information– Always bring your insurance information. Depending on what you were covered for and your policy, your insurance may owe you money and your attorney can help you recover that.
- Police report- Whatever law enforcement agency handled your police or accident report can give you their report once its ready. When it is, the highway patrol, sheriff’s office, or local police can give you the report and you can take that to your attorney. This report will outline the facts of the accident and can help show the court, proof of what happened.
San Antonio Accident Lawyer.
Have you or a loved one been in a serious car crash and suffered injuries? If so, you should contact an experienced Personal Injury attorney. Villarreal and Begum is a local San Antonio firm that will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. We serve clients all across Texas with offices in San Antonio, McAllen, and Laredo. We are available day and night to take your calls. Call or contact us via our website. The Law Guns will fight for you.
The Villarreal & Begum, LAW GUNS dedicates their time and effort towards helping people in Texas find justice for personal negligence encountered while living their normal, everyday lives.