Remember, parents are the biggest influence teens have when it comes to road safety. Taking the time to discuss good driving behavior can make all the difference. Here are some important statistics you can use while discussing this issue with your teen.
- In 2018, 2,121 people were killed in crashes involving teen drivers, 719 of those deaths were other teens. These deaths have been on the decline since 2016 but serve as a stark reminder of how dangerous the road can be.
- 45% of those teen deaths happened while the driver was unbuckled
- 28% of teenage drivers involved were speeding
- 16% of involved teen drivers had alcohol in their system
- 10% of teens were distracted at the time of the crash.
- Vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers, ahead of all other types of injuries and diseases.
Talking with Your Teen.
Having a serious conversation with your teen is never easy. Simply advising them to be safe in a way they can understand it is easier said than done. Every teen is different, and is best to have a conversation with them that acknowledges their different personalities. However, it’s important to focus on the leading factors that lead to dangerous driving. Obeying speed limits, wearing seatbelts, and staying off the phone are important things to focus on when having this discussion.
The Texas Law Guns.
Have you or a loved one been in a serious car crash and suffered injuries? If so, you should contact an experienced Personal Injury attorney. Villarreal and Begum is a local San Antonio firm that will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. We serve clients all across Texas with offices in San Antonio, McAllen, and Laredo. We are available day and night to take your calls. Call or contact us via our website. The Law Guns will fight for you.
The Villarreal & Begum, LAW GUNS dedicates their time and effort towards helping people in Texas find justice for personal negligence encountered while living their normal, everyday lives.