Halloween is almost here. You know what that means. Trick-or-treating! while this is the favorite time of year for some kids, it’s important to remember some key safety tips before heading out this year. When walking house to house, your child can run into any number of accidents while he or she is collecting their bounty of candy. To help avoid any accidents, try to follow these tips.
- Always remember to look both ways before crossing the road, and continue to look from left to right as you cross.
- Remember to tell your kids to make eye contact with drivers. This way, your child can confirm the driver sees them before they cross.
- Always walk on sidewalks. If there aren’t any sidewalks to use, walk facing traffic while staying as far to the side of the road as possible.
- Try to stay on direct paths. Avoid crossing the street when possible.
- Remind your kids to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Tell your children to keep an eye out for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Always make sure your with your kids while trick-or-treating. If they are old enough to trick-or-treat by themselves, make sure they stay in a familiar area.
Halloween Costume Safety Tips
Kids want their costumes to look as cool as possible when going door to door to get candy, but safety always comes first. Make sure your kids follow these guidelines before they leave the house.
- Use reflective tape, stickers, or vests on costumes and bags. This will make it easier for drivers to see them in the dark.
- Try to avoid masks. A mask could obstruct your child’s vision. Use face paint or makeup instead.
- Give your children flashlights. This will help them see where their walking and help drivers see them.
- Always make sure your child’s costume fits properly to avoid any trips and falls.
The most important tip we can offer is to have fun! Halloween only comes once a year, and everyone has a great time dressing up. Have a happy and safe Halloween, from everyone at Villarreal and Begum.
San Antonio Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal injury attorneys have seen the devastation caused by personal injury due to the negligence or reckless behavior of another person or entity. An experienced personal injury attorney in San Antonio can assist you in evaluating your claim and getting the compensation you need and deserve. Villarreal and Begum have extensive experience in personal injury cases. For a free evaluation, call The Texas Law Guns today at our offices in San Antonio, Brownsville, and McAllen, or message us online.